I took a look at io9’s Space Ships, Aliens And Comics To Watch At SXSW’s Film Fest and yikes.
So far we have:
- an Alien remake
- an animated Dark Star
- a topical documentary that can be good if it can get past its indulgent, utterly twee, cutesy-poo blogger idea of “humor”
- a movie that got picked because it looks like Moon
- a vampire movie
- yet ANOTHER re-imagining of the vampire mythology
- Kick-Ass (a movie produced by a Hollywood studio — so why is it as SxSW? Street cred?)
- a movie based on an SNL sketch
“Pfft. I was over this stuff before I’d even heard about it.” Yeah, I know these gripes must smack of hipster one-upmanship, but none of these films look particularly moving, original, or good.